SEO can make or break nearly any online business.
Every second, people use search engines.
If you can rank high in search engine results for keywords related to your business, you will be generating massive traffic and sales free of charge.
SEO is a vast ocean. There are many SEO tactics and ranking factors.
This post will only be for those who are interested in the various types of SEO that people use to increase search traffic. Without much delay, lets get to the details.
What are the different types of SEO? These are the 11 types of SEO used in digital marketing
What is SEO?
SEO (Search engine Optimization) refers to the process of getting your site and pages higher in search results.
SEO has many benefits, including:
- Excellent ROI
- High-quality traffic generated
- Increases website sales
- Your organic visibility increases
- Your brand will be improved and there are many more.
Brands and businesses can use SEO to increase their profits. SEO can be a powerful tool for promoting your business 24/7, if done correctly.
Here are some examples of the top results from the search where can I buy cryptocurrency
You might optimize your website if you are selling cryptocurrency to rank high on search engine results pages (SERP).
Its not easy to rank for these competitive keywords.
Businesses use a variety of SEO techniques to rank their websites high up in Google search results.
SEO can be described as a multitude of strategies.
There are several types of search engine optimization strategies that most people use. These types of SEO include:
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Local SEO
- SEO for businesses
- White Hat SEO
- Black Hat SEO
- Gray Hat SEO
- Negative SEO
- YouTube SEO
- Voice search SEO
Lets take a look at the different SEO strategies so that you can choose which one to help increase your search traffic.
1. On-page SEO
Onpage SEO is a type of SEO that millions of websites use to increase their organic search engine rankings.
What is On-page SEO?
On-page SEO refers to optimizing web pages for higher search engine rankings. Any on-site optimization you manage and include in your website is called On-page SEO.
These are some of the most popular on-page SEO methods.
- Optimize meta descriptions and title tags
- A short URL with a primary keyword is a good idea.
- High-quality content is possible
- Every blog post should contain at least one to two keywords
- Use ALT tags relevant to the images that you are using
- It is important to link internally (as a result, always link back to relevant posts when publishing new content).
- For better rankings, make sure to include long-tail keywords where possible
Do you need to implement on-page SEO for your website?
Yes. You can get more traffic from search engines such as Google by optimizing your web pages. However, you should not overdo it (e.g keyword stuffing).
2. Off-Page SEO
Offpage SEO is another popular SEO technique that webmasters use to increase their online presence, build links and grow their brand.
What is Off-Page SEO?
Off-page SEO is a strategy that you use to rank higher in search results. Off-page optimization, unlike on-page SEO is all that happens outside of your website.
These are some of the most popular techniques for off-page SEO.
- You can increase brand awareness online by improving your brand.
- Commenting on blogs
- Forum posting
- Outreach to Influencers
- Guest posting
- Broken link building
- Social networking
- Social bookmarking
- To build links, write helpful answers on platforms like Quora
Do you need to implement off-page search engine optimization on your website?
Because it informs search engines such as Google about your websites importance, off-page SEO is crucial. Off-page SEO is a crucial part of improving your website trust signals.
3. Technical SEO
Proper technical SEO allows search engine spiders to crawl and index your site more efficiently and quickly. You must improve the technical SEO of your website to achieve higher rankings.
What is technical SEO?
Technical SEO is the optimization of your website for indexing and crawling. This helps you identify and correct any technical problems that may be preventing your website from ranking higher in search engines.
What are the best practices for technical SEO?
These are the main things that you need to be focused on.
- Fix all broken links on your website, both internal and external.
- All toxic links pointing to your website should be removed
- Check your site for crawl errors.
- Eliminate duplicate and thin content
- Fix all missing ALT tags, long meta descriptions, titles, and other issues.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly and HTTPS enabled
- Your site should be crawlable and easily indexable
Do you need to implement technical SEO?
Yes. Technical SEO is not an easy task. However, technical SEO is not an easy task if you have the right tools such as Semrush. You can perform technical audits of your website to identify and fix any technical problems.
4. Local SEO
Local SEO Is essential for any business with a physical presence and a local location. Local search engine optimization can help you increase traffic, leads and brand awareness through local searches.
What is local SEO?
Local SEO refers to optimizing a website for local search results. Local SEO can help you increase search engine visibility for local business.
These are some local SEO strategies:
- Find local keywords relevant to your business
- Optimize your Google My Business (GMB), profile
- Building NAP (Name Address Phone) citations in local directories and Google Maps
- Ask for online reviews for your website or business.
- Mobile optimization is important as most local searches are done on mobile devices.
Do you need to implement local SEO on your site?
Local SEO is essential for any offline business, agency or store. Local SEO allows you to connect with local searchers within your area.
5. Enterprise SEO
An SEO strategy called enterprise SEO is often used by large enterprises websites with a lot (several thousand) pages.
What is enterprise SEO?
Search engine optimization is a practice that improves search engine rankings for large enterprises with hundreds of thousands, or even millions of pages.
Some of the best enterprise SEO strategies include:
- Optimizing your content featured shortcodes
- Keywords that are highly competitive
- Compete with authority and big websites in your industry
- Regularly producing high-quality content
- Use structural data
- Optimizing your content to voice search
Do you need enterprise SEO?
Even if your company isnt Fortune 500, it may still be necessary to use the best enterprise SEO strategies for websites with many pages. Enterprise SEO is a way for large websites to rank high in search engines by using competitive keywords.
6. White Hat SEO
White-hat SEO employs ethical strategies to improve search engine rankings. White hat SEO is the best way to increase your websites ranking in search results.
What is white-hat SEO?
White hat SEO is a strategy that works within the guidelines of search engines to improve a websites ranking in search results.
These SEO techniques are highly safe and used by SEO professionals around the globe to improve search rankings.
These are some of the most popular white-hat SEO techniques.
- Create long-form content that is helpful to your target audience
- You can build backlinks with the evergreen strategies of guest blogging, blogger outreach, and broken link building.
- You can create different types of content, such as videos, articles, podcasts and infographics.
- To provide a better user experience, speed up your websites loading time
- Organically growing and building your social media presence
- Regularly updating your content to ensure accurate and current information
White hat SEO should you be using on your website?
Yes. Always. Google guidelines are respected for white hat SEO. To get higher rankings in search results, white hat SEO strategies can be used on your website.
7. Black Hat SEO
Black-hat SEO is a technique to increase organic traffic to a website through violating search engine guidelines. They are not going to work but many people still use black hat SEO to get more traffic from Google.
What is black-hat SEO?
Black hat SEO refers to the practice of increasing search rankings for websites by using unethical techniques that often violate Google search engine guidelines.
Black-hat SEO can be bad for your business. It can result in your website being banned from search results or even penalized.
These are some black-hat SEO techniques:
- Keyword stuffing
- Purchase links in bulk at Fiverr
- Content automation (using content automation software to create content)
- Creating portal pages
- Hidden text or links
- Spam comments
- Copying content
Do you need to implement black hat SEO?
Never! Black hat SEO techniques should not be used unless you dont want your website to be banned from Google search. It takes time to grow and build search traffic. Do not expect instant results.
8. Gray Hat SEO
Gray hat SEO is a popular choice for SEO agencies and people who want to increase their search traffic quickly. Gray hat SEO may bring you some search traffic at first, but it will not last due to Googles frequent core updates.
What is gray hat search engine optimization?
Gray-hat SEO is a combination of white hat and dark hat techniques. Google may penalize your website depending on the way you use these techniques.
Its still dangerous SEO and should be avoided if you want Google to not penalize you.
These are some of the most common gray-hat SEO techniques:
- Buying domains
- Domains that are exactly matched keywords should be purchased
- To build links, you can use PBNs (Private Blog Networks).
- Buying Links
- To increase your online presence, you can use social media automation and buying followers
Do you need gray hat SEO?
Avoid gray hat SEO techniques if you want to be safe from future Google algorithm updates or penalties.
9. Negative SEO
Negative SEO This is a harmful SEO technique that your competitors use to lower your websites ranking in search engines such as Google. Search engines may ban or penalize your website if you arent careful.
What is negative SEO?
Negative SEO is commonly referred to as black-hat SEO. It is done often by your competitors to lower your websites ranking in search engine results.
These are the top SEO tricks that people use (or your competitors) to harm a websites search engine rankings.
- Automated spammy linking
- Fake or negative reviews of a product/website
- Link farms
- Scraped content
- Sending fake request to remove backlinks
- Hacking a website in order to steal links
Do you need to protect your website from negative SEO?
Yes. Its impossible to know what your competitors are doing to get you lower in search results. It is crucial to secure your website and monitor your backlinks.
10. YouTube SEO
YouTube SEO works in the same way as Google SEO, but you are optimizing keywords for YouTube and not Google.
YouTube is home to more than 2 billion users monthly. YouTube SEO is a great way to promote your brand and business online.
YouTube SEO: What does it mean?
YouTube SEO refers to optimizing YouTube videos for search engines.
These are some popular YouTube SEO techniques that you can try;
- In your video title or meta description, include your primary keyword
- Make sure to use proper thumbnails
- Use the right keywords to make videos
- Optimize YouTube video tags
- Its an important metric for YouTube ranking. Increase YouTube video watch time
- To increase traffic to the most relevant videos, create YouTube playlists
Do you want to improve YouTube SEO?
Why not? YouTube is second in search engine traffic after Google. The YouTube number is growing quickly. YouTube is the best platform for building an audience and growing your online presence.
11. Voice search SEO
Voice searches are rapidly growing as smartphones become cheaper and reach billions of people. The majority of people now use their smartphones and voice assistants for searching online.
What is voice search SEO?
Voice Search SEO is a process for optimizing keyword phrases to be used in voice assistant searches. Voice search is a type of voice search that uses natural language and provides quick relevant answers.
These are some of the most common voice search SEO methods.
- Keyword phrases that are question-based
- Use conversational keywords instead
- Implement schema markup
- Mobile-friendly design is a must for your website
- When creating pages, use FAQs
- Write content that answers voice searches directly
Do you need voice search SEO?
Google reports that mobile voice search is used by around 27% worldwide. Youll get more traffic from search engines such as Google if your content is optimized for voice search SEO.
This article is part of a series about TYPES SEO
- On Page SEO
- Off Page Search
- White Hat Search Engine Optimization
- Black Hat Search
- Gray Hat SEO
- Negative SEO
- Voice SEO
- Technical SEO
- Local SEO
- YouTube SEO
FAQs about Different Types Of SEO
These are the most frequently asked questions about SEO and search engine optimization.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO), is the process of attracting targeted traffic from search engines such as Google to a website. SEO can include many strategies, including off-page SEO and technical SEO.
What are the three types of SEO?
These are the three types of SEO that every website should be focusing on (to improve their search ranking).
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
Which SEO strategy is best?
No matter your industry, keyword research and great content are the best SEO strategies. Backlinks are a great way to increase your search engine rankings.
What SEO strategies are available for 2021?
These are the top SEO techniques you can use in 2021.
- Create engaging, evergreen content
- Increasing your click-through rate organically
Optimizing your content to be found on search engines
- Building relevant connections
Site audits are a good way to identify and fix any SEO problems.
What is On-page SEO?
Page SEO refers to any optimization done directly on your website. On-page optimization refers to optimizing individual pages for search traffic.
Final thoughts on SEO in digital marketing
You can use many SEO techniques to improve your search engine rankings. To improve your sites ranking in the SERPs, make sure you use the best SEO techniques such as white hat, YouTube SEO, and on-page SEO.
What are your thoughts on different types of SEO and how do you feel about them? Which do you prefer? Comment below to share your thoughts.