A sudden Google algorithm upgrade can leave marketers confused and worried. Search engines like Google seem to wait for you, then release an update that renders your efforts obsolete. So we have compiled 25 Best SEO Tools to Audit and fix issues related to your website.
Google’s secretive process of evaluating websites and determining which sites will appear on the search engine result page (SERPs for different queries is still being worked out.
Best SEO Tools for 2021
There are many search engine optimization tools that you can use to view your website in the same way that search engines like Google do. This will allow you to improve your rank and relevance for specific keywords.
(Notification: Some tools are available with paid plans, while others offer free plans. We recommend that you review the pricing pages of the tools you are most interested in to find the best plan for you.
The Best SEO Tools
- HubSpot Website Grader
- Google Search Central: Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- UpCity SEO Report Card
- Internet Marketing Ninjas
- Bing Webmaster
- Check out my Links
- Moz Pro Tools
- SEO Spider Screaming Frog
- Take them out
- Keyword Hero
11 SEO Tools for Free
Marketers are responsible for driving qualified leads and traffic to their website. Marketers need to be able to identify what they can do to increase the website’s SEO and impact.
Simply enter your website URL to receive a HubSpot Website Grader Report Card that provides actionable insight about your SEO efforts. You can then sign up for HubSpot Academy Website Optimizing course. This course teaches you how you can improve your website’s SEO and user experience (UX) based on the feedback you received in your Report Card.
The HubSpot website Grader makes it easy to:
- In just seconds, you can find out how your website is performing.
- You can identify performance issues and get clear, actionable feedback about how to fix them.
- Get how-to education and support on-demand on how to improve your website.
- Get access to the five-lesson HubSpot Academy course Website Optimization to help you understand how to fix your specific problems.
- Learn how to optimize your mobile website.
- Find out how to implement the best website security practices.
- To create a pleasant user experience, personalize the UX of your website.
Google Search Central, formerly Google Webmasters, has many tools that will help you rank in the SERPs for search terms and phrases that your target audience is searching for.
Search Central provides guidance to marketers and business people on how to use Google Search Console for website analysis and SEO. Google Search console monitors and optimizes your website. No coding skills are required.
These are just a few examples of web elements Google Search Console can teach you and help you optimize.
- These are the keywords currently ranking on your site.
- Any crawl errors found on your site.
- Your website’s mobile-friendliness.
- The number of web pages in Google’s Index. If they aren’t, you can use the URL Inspection tool to submit them for indexing.
- You care most about website metrics such as clicks, impressions and average click-through rate (CTR).
Google Analytics offers a paid version. However, the free version can be used to manage your website’s search engine optimization. This is especially true when you combine Google Analytics with Google Search console. This will allow you to centrally locate and compile all your website’s SEO data. You can also use queries to identify improvement areas with keywords and phrases you want your website to rank for.
You can also use Google Analytics for free to improve and understand your SEO.
- To get rid of spam traffic, filter your refer traffic. This will remove traffic that could ruin your SEO reports such as fake referrers who bring fake traffic to you website.
- Organic vs. Non-organic Website Traffic .
- You can identify which pages get the most traffic to help you understand how to improve your SEO.
- Site Content Reports can be used to determine the engagement metrics for each web page, engagement in directories and pages, page exit metrics, acquisition, behavior and conversion of landing page pages.
- To determine which channels led to conversions or sales, review the Multichannel Report’s AssistedConversions feature.
UpCity offers a free SEO Report Card that allows you to analyze your website and compare it with the competition.
SEO Report Card will provide a report covering the following in exchange for some of your contact information:
- Rank Analysis: This is a snapshot of your website’s rank on Google, Yahoo! and Bing. Your main keywords determine your ranking.
- Link Building: An in-depth account of how many websites link back to you.
- On-Site Analysis: This is a look at your success in including your main keyword throughout the site.
- Website accessibility: Information about the loading time of your site and its accessibility.
- Trust Metrics: A visual representation of the authority or trustworthiness of your site.
- Current Indexing: This indicates how many pages on your site have been indexed.
Internet Marketing Ninjas offers a range of SEO-focused tools that you can use to analyze your website and find out what your competitors are doing. They also offer a wide variety of tools to help you generate meta tags and improve your website’s organic traffic.
These are just a few examples of the Internet Marketing Ninja SEO tools that you can use:
- Use the site crawl function to identify broken links and redirects, and create an XML sitemap.
- You can view images, as well as their alt text and display sizes, and all your page links (external and internal). You can review the performance of your web pages and see what needs to be updated.
- The on-page optimization tool can be used to assess your web page content, meta data, and internal links.
- Compare the SEO of your website pages with those of a competitor.
- Analyze the page load time and the display times for each element of a webpage.
Microsoft Bing Webmaster provides access to many tools that provide insight into your website, including reporting, diagnostics, and SEO tools. You can get free SEO tools to analyze your website, manage links, and review keywords in order to optimize your site for organic search.
These are just a few of the many other things you can do using Bing Webmaster’s search engine optimization tools:
- To understand the referring pages, domains and anchor links, learn more about your backlink profile
- To determine the keywords and phrases that your audience searches for, as well as their search volumes, conduct keyword research.
- Site scanning allows you to scan your site and find technical SEO mistakes.
- Get SEO reports to find out about errors on your site and pages.
Seolyzer, a site crawling, log analysis and SEO tool, is free to use. It helps you find out how search engines such as Google view your website. Seolyzer collects the information crawlers leave on your server’s log files when they browse your site. This allows you to identify your SEO KPIs and create them. It also detects errors, redirects, page speed, and performance.
Seolyzer is also available to help you:
- You can quickly identify and monitor SEO issues on your site, such as slow response times, error messages, or high crawl volumes, so that you can fix them before they cause serious damage.
- Seolyzer allows you to manage and analyze your unique KPIs, such as page performance and crawl volume, HTTP status codes and active and new pages. You can also compare desktop and mobile responsiveness.
- Segment your web pages in order to find the most visited pages.
- Google’s most important web pages are compared to yours (e.g. Pages that are revenue-focused
- You can measure the impact of your SEO efforts page-by-page or by category.
SEOquake is an extension for Google Chrome that checks the SEO parameters of a website quickly and free. This includes SEO audits on pages, external and internal link review, real time URL and domain comparison, data file export, and data file import.
You can also use SEOquake to do the following:
- The tools Link Examiner feature will give you a complete description of all your links, including URLs and anchor text.
- You can adjust the SEOquake reports to show only the metrics and parameters you are interested in.
- For the best SEO parameters, compare different URLs and domains.
- To identify SEO issues on your website that could be found by search engines, audit it.
- You can export the results of your SEO analysis to a customizable and shareable report.
Seoability is an SEO-checker that you can use for free. It allows you to check your website’s compliance with current SEO guidelines. Simply enter your URL to get your site analyzed. You’ll also receive tips and tricks on optimizing your website.
You’ll also get a detailed SEO audit for your website.
These are just a few of the many benefits that Seoability offers:
- You can quickly fix technical issues and other SEO problems on the page.
- Get an SEO score for different website factors such as meta-information, page content, and link structure.
- Learn how to identify SEO issues in your meta information, such as meta titles/ description, meta tags and invalid or wrong domain names or page URLs.
- You can identify areas that need improvement in page speed and quality. This includes text, duplicate content and responsive design.
- Get data about headers, incorrect anchor texts, and the number of links to help you understand how your page and link structure could be improved.
- Identify any server errors caused by redirects, HTTP headers or CSS files.
10. View My Links
Google Chrome Extension Check My Links allows you to verify that your links work on external and internal web pages. If you search for a term on Wikipedia Check My Links will tell you how many links it has and which ones are broken.
This allows you to make changes immediately or, hopefully, before the page goes live. According to its creators, Check My Links is ideal software for web developers, content editors and web designers.
Check My Links offers more options:
- You can inspect every link on your website and find broken or invalid links.
- Auto-highlight good links in green, and broken links in red.
- All of your negative links can be copied to your clipboard with one click
BROWSEO allows you to view your website in a stripped down format. This will allow you to analyze its UX and content, as well as gain insights into its SEO. After you enter the URL, the output will focus on your HTML to help you understand the structure of the page, as well as the optimized search terms and other SEO-related factors.
BROWSEO is a great tool for achieving these things:
- Find the number of words per page.
- Find your server response code.
- Find out the number of links that are both internal and external to your page.
- Identify the headers of your web page.
- All of your meta information (e.g. Title tag, meta description
14 PAID SEO Tools
Let’s now look at paid SEO tools. Some of these tools offer free trials. Some tools also come with free plans, but restrictions on customization and flexibility.
ahrefs SEO tool
Price: 7-day trial $7, $99/mo for Lite, $179/m for Standard, $399/m for Advanced, $999/m for Agency
Ahrefs, an advanced SEO resource, examines your website and generates keyword, link, ranking, and other profiles to help with content decisions.
Its main features include:
Site Explorer shows you how certain pages perform on your website.
Content Explorer allows you to search for high-performing websites using specific keywords or topics.
Keywords Explorer calculates the monthly search volume as well as click-through rates for specific keywords.
Site Audit crawls specific verticals in your domain to reveal technical issues at page level.
Ahrefs will also produce the “parent topic”, which is the keyword that you searched for using the Keyword Explorer. The parent topic of a keyword is a broad keyword that has a higher search volume than the intended keyword but still likely to have the same audience and ranking potential. This allows you to have a more valuable SEO opportunity.
Check out this exclusive interview and case study to get an insider’s view on Ahrefs and how it can help you with your overall SEO strategy.
semrush SEO tool
Price: Pro $119.95/mo, Guru $229.95/mo, Business $449.95/m
SEMrush, a dashboard that tracks the performance of both domains and pages in detail, is called SEMrush. SEMrush provides many resources, including the SEO Toolkit.
Toolkit lets you track the website’s visibility over time and identify keywords it ranks for. It also allows you to identify keywords that are ranking high for, its rank for each keyword, the monthly search volume for the keyword, and many other things.
SEMrush allows you to:
Compare page performance with your competitors. Analyze backlinks to your website from other websites (also known link building). Find the right keywords.
- Take advantage of similar opportunities in on-page SEO.
- The Keyword Magic Tool can help you identify the keywords that will make your PPC or SEO campaign profitable.
- Identify the keywords and ad copy that were used in PPC ads for your competitors.
- Use the analytics and social media publishing tools.
- Get recommendations on how to increase your organic traffic through optimizing your content.
- You can upgrade your account anytime for more flexibility and features.
3. Growthbar SEO tool
Price: Five-day free trial, $29/month
GrowthBar is a Chrome extension which can be used to perform keyword research and competitive analysis. It also tracks SEO rankings. The GrowthBar allows you to access data points regarding any website from search engine result pages.
This allows you assess the performance of your competitors and see their growth channels, keywords and backlinks.
- These are just a few of the key features of GrowthBar.
- You can use the Top Keywords and Backlinks tool to determine which organic and paid keywords drive the most traffic to your website.
- Also, you will receive a list with the most authoritative backlinks that point to your site.
- To quickly determine how difficult it would be for a keyword to rank, get your Keyword Difficulty score. This is based on the domain authority of the URLs that rank on page one.
- To view the word count for any page, use Word Count directly from the SERP.
- You can run Facebook ads and see what they look like when viewed from the perspective of a search engine.
- To get a list with related keywords, along with their search volume and CPCs, use the Keyword Suggestions Tool
Woorank SEO Tool
Price: 14-day free trial for Pro and Premium at $59.00/mo, $179.00/m for Premium. Contact Enterprise for a quote
Woorank’s site analysis provides marketers with valuable insight into optimization opportunities and ways to improve them. This analysis includes information about the current SEO efforts, social media, usability, etc.
To make it easy to analyze your site and identify optimization targets, each report is divided into eight sections. Here are the sections:
Buzzstream SEO Tool
Price: 30-day free trial. Starter price $24/mo, Group price $99/mo, Professional pricing $299/mo, Custom priced $999+
While backlinks to your site are essential for ranking high on Google, outreach that you do when link building can feel very much like cold calling.
BuzzStream makes it easy for you to find the right people, create effective emails messages and track who has accepted each request.
BuzzStream can also help you:
- Based on your industry, identify candidates for outreach.
- You can identify candidates for outreach by how engaged they have been on various social networks.
- Find candidates who are likely to be open to your request for backlinks for reasons unique to your niche.
6. Moz Pro Tools
Moz Pro Tool SEO Tool
Price: 30-day free trial. Standard price $99/mo, Medium $149/mo, Large $249/mo, Premium $599/mo
Moz Pro is a subscription that provides all-in-one tools for improving your business’s search rankings. Moz offers a variety of tools that allow subscribers to track growth, identify SEO opportunities and create reports.
Moz Pro also offers:
- Website crawler that analyses up to 3,000 URLs.
- Email report detailing the crawl data of pages linked to by your site.
- You should investigate the influence of crawlability factors such as duplicate content or redirects on your SEO performance.
Linkody SEO tool
Price: $14.50/mo Webmaster, $24.90/mo Advanced, $49.90/mo Pro, 99.90/mo Agency and $153.90/mo Agency XL
A good overview of all your backlinks is the best way to assess your off-page SEO performance. Linkody makes it easy to track, analyze, disavow, and discover backlinks.
The tool also checks your links 24 hours a day and informs you if there are any changes.
Other Linkody features include:
You can “spy on” your competitors’ backlinks. Enter the URL of your competitor to pull all metrics and links. You will be able to identify niche-relevant and high-quality backlink opportunities that can benefit your brand.
Get valuable insights into the most important metrics in backlink tracking such as the rel’ attribute and Google indexation status. Also, see the Domain Authority, Spam Score and Alexa rank.
To get a better understanding of your backlink distribution, and progress in link-building, create white-label reports.
8. Screaming Frog
Screaming frog SEO tool
Price: EUR99/year or Free
This program is specifically designed for SEO-minded users. It crawls websites that you specify and examines URLs for common SEO problems. This program speeds up a tedious process that could take hours, especially for large websites. It can take several hours to manually assess the same URLs.
Some other notable features include:
A simple-to-navigate Java program that is intuitive.
Export to Excel is easy for any data you need. You could create a.csv file using your spreadsheet to track your rankings and links for certain keywords.
9. Remove’em SEO Tool
Remove’em SEO tool
Price: $249 for Life-Time plan, $99/mo for Subscription (one site) or $899/mo for Agency (10+ sites).
Search ranking can be seriously affected by artificial or unnatural links. You can remove these links by using Remove’em. This tool can:
You can scan your backlink profile to find contact information for domains and links you need to remove.
If you want to remove them from Google’s tool, export that list.
These “bad” links should not be taken into consideration by Google when crawling your site.
AnswerthePublic seo tool
Price: Monthly plan $99/mo, Annual plan $79/mo, Enterprise plan $399/mo
AnswerThePublic, a search listening tool and keyword tool, listens to the autocomplete data of Google and other search engines and gives you a list containing phrases and questions people are searching for.
This will allow you to tailor your website and content for your audience in order to increase traffic and convert more customers.
AnswerThePublic also allows you to:
Get updates whenever people talk about your most relevant keywords.
Track keyword trends to understand the behavior of keywords research among your target audience.
You can see the keywords and phrases your audience searches in real-time.
Use keyword research to get ideas for your blog and website content.
11. Keyword Hero
Keyword hero SEO tool
Price: A 14-day free trial of any plan.
Keyword Hero combines the sessions of your visitors with the keywords that they used to land at your page. All this is done within your Google Analytics account. This tool allows you to understand the search intent of organic traffic.
These are just a few of the many actions that Keyword Hero can help you take:
Determine the organic traffic and conversions that you get from your targeted keywords.
Optimize your website structure and web pages to target keywords
You can distinguish your brand from non-brand search traffic.
Optimize your website for specific keywords to improve your ranking in the SERPs
Identify the type (informational or transactional) of query your visitors used to reach your website.
Spyfu SEO tool
Prices: Basic price $39/mo, Professional $79/mo, Team $299/mo
SpyFu allows you to conduct competitor keyword research in Google Ads. SpyFu is a tool that helps you with keyword research and SEO competitive research.
This tool will help you drive traffic to your Google Ads campaign and website, monitor both organic and paid rankings on Google, Bing and Yahoo, as well as obtain accurate and reliable contact information for leads.
SpyFu also allows you to:
To understand the clicks of your competitor’s keywords in PPC, and what they pay for them, download their keywords.
You can track the bids from domains using your Google Ads.
Get the SEO keywords of a competitor.
Check the rank overtime of a website or page for a keyword.
Find out which backlinks are being used by your competitors.
To increase conversion rates, discover keyword ideas and receive keyword advice from Google Ads.
13. SEOMaster SEO Tool
seomater SEO tool
Price: You pay as you go (from $5 to $19/mo for small business, $49/mo for professional, and $179/m for unlimited).
Seomater can be used for website crawling and SEO auditing. It aids with technical SEO analysis as well as on-page optimization testing.
After the tool has crawled your site, it will give you an SEO report which explains all aspects of your website’s SEO, including backlinks, internal and external links as well as page quality and speed.
It also includes information about social media and organic presence.
You will also receive tips and tricks on how to improve each one of these SEO elements. You can also:
You can use the SEO Monitoring Alerts feature to automatically crawl your site and be notified instantly if there is any problem in SEO.
Receive up to 13 detailed reports on your off-page and on-page SEO aspects.
To compare the websites of two competitors, use the Domain Comparison tool. This will allow you to determine the strengths and weaknesses in their SEO (such broken links, content quality and HTML tags).
14. ContentKing SEO
Contentking SEO tool
Prices: Basic price $139/mo, Standard price $219/mo, Premium cost $319/mo. Contact a representative for a quote for Enterprise pricing
ContentKing is a real-time SEO auditing tool and content tracking software. It tracks your website 24 hours a day so that any SEO issues don’t go unnoticed. Cloud-based means that you don’t need to install the tool and your reports and data are always available.
You can also:
ContentKing offers 24/7 website audits and algorithms to help you gain insight into your SEO. You will also receive tasks to improve your SEO.
You can be alerted if something is wrong with your website or it is not optimized properly so that you can quickly fix it.
You can track all content changes to your site, such as changes in web pages or robots.txt. Also, you can search for your changes history.
With real-time dashboards, reports and visualizations, visualize data from all your websites.
You can easily collaborate with your clients or team members from the tool.
After you have learned about the 25 paid and free SEO tools available, you can decide which one will help you reach your goals. Then, audit, optimize, monitor, and manage your website, web pages, content, and start monitoring them.